Non-emergency transportation has been part of the Oklahoma Medicaid program since 1969 because many of the Medicaid clients would not get to the services they need without transportation. Transportation services for the different programs are provided in several ways.
The health maintenance organizations (HMOs) are responsible for the transportation of clients enrolled in the SoonerCare Plus program.
Currently, the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA) is responsible for reimbursement or payment for transportation for clients in both the fee-for-service (FFS) program and the SoonerCare Choice program. This transportation program is called SoonerRide. Some of the important features of the SoonerRide are:
· SoonerRide arranges to take you to services covered by Medicaid.
· It is not for emergencies.
· You must call at least three days before your appointment to arrange for your ride.
· 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
· 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday.
· Call the toll-free number at 1-877-404-4500 from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
· Hearing impaired members, call the Oklahoma Relay Center at 1-800-722-0353 (TDD/TTY) and request they call the SoonerRide number listed above.
· Call 1-800-435-1034 from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
· Hearing impaired members, call the Oklahoma Relay Center at 1-800-722-0353 (TDD/TTY) and request they call the "Where is My Ride?" number listed above.
For more information and tips on booking your ride see the LogistiCare Oklahoma client brochure. LogistiCare is the company that arranges your SoonerRide non-emergency (NET) Medicaid transportation. The brochure is available for download in PDF format (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) from the OHCA website at:
WorkWORLD™ Help/Information System
Share/Save: Click the button or link at left to select your favorite bookmark service and add this page.
This is one topic from the thousands available in the WorkWORLD™ software Help/Information System.
Complete information about the software is available at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org
See How to Get WorkWORLD page at: http://www.WorkWORLD.org/howtogetWW.html
NOTE: Sponsored links and commercial advertisements help make the WorkWORLD™ website possible by partially defraying its operating and maintenance expenses. No endorsement of these or any related commercial products or services is intended or implied by the Employment Support Institute or any of its partners. ESI and its partners take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, any of these advertisements or their views or contents, and do not vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in them. Readers are cautioned to verify all information obtained from these advertisements prior to taking any actions based upon them. The installed WorkWORLD software does not contain advertisements of any kind.
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Virginia Commonwealth University. All rights reserved.